Sunday, June 15, 2008

School...
Since the moment I got in, I wanted out. Yes, there were good times and in general it wasn't as bad as I remember. Nevertheless, I wanted out.
I know I shouldn't regret the things I did or the choices I made, but its so hard not to when I'm finally done, and for the first time realize how I was holding myself back and depriving myself from gaining the education I had the opportunity to obtain. Yes I worked hard, paid attention in class at least half the time, and did a fair amount of homework, but i made the conscious decision not to try or put effort into learning.
I am very greatful for my parents and all that they have done for me, and continue to do for me. My mother is AMAZING. She has been married to my father a hard working, back breaking carpenter for 20 years and counting. They have 7 KIDS, I am the proud, unfortunate, and stubborn oldest. I am 18 years old, have the best boy friend in the world, and...I just graduated.
My mom home schooled me up until 4th and 5th grade when she had her fifth child, Claire 2 months early. After Claire began to grow and didn't require the amount of stressful attention and caring for, we went back to homeschooling....Until high school.
I, being the strong courageous leader that I was took a giant leap into a first year charter school. Being the oldest in my family and the oldest at my school added to the confusion of growing and developing "like everyone else" I never knew what it was like to be below someone, I have always been the "top dog" or "big kid" of any group I associated with. My 3 1/2 years there were memorable and joyous, I loved my teachers, adored my friends and got by with low, low C's...
Moral of the story, I wish I would have tried harder while I had the chance. The only thing I can do now is try harder the next time and remember what I lost...

No comments: